Monday, October 13, 2008

Daddy to the rescue!!

So I get home today, ready to GET STUFF DONE (including a hamper overloaded with laundry), I chit-chat with Elena before she's off to get her hair done, put some groceries away (thanks mom!), then go to put a couple of things in my room...I reach for the handle to my closed door and It won't turn because it's LOCKED FROM THE INSIDE!!! I frantically look for SOME WAY this can't be happening, realize it so totally IS really happening, then look for SOME WAY I can get around this oh so NOT little problem...there is NO WAY to get in!! The handle doesn't have a hole through which I could stick a hairpin to trip the lock, the hinges are on the inside of the door, the framing keeps me from being able to stick a credit card in--I'm feeling very panicky right now--so I walk around to the outside to look at the window,which I already know is locked from the inside and there is NO WAY to break in but I don't know what else to do, so I look in anyway feeling totally helpless and I see what I already know, that there is NO WAY to break in. UGH!! I call everybody, I call Elena, don't know why, there is nothing she can do, maybe I just want to make her feel bad? (my rational side knows that she never would have done this on purpose, hello!) I call Jake, again, don't know why, there is nothing he can do, maybe I just want him to confirm that I'm cursed with bad luck? I call my landlord--HE'S OUT OF TOWN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS--again, don't know why, there is nothing he can do, maybe I just want to see if this has ever happened before, and if so what did they do about it? I call mom cuz, hello, she's my mommy and I want her make it all better! Finally I call dad to make sure he's not going to forget to stop by after work like we had planned so that he could fix my carport door's deadbolt that had been sticking for months now.

I try to get some other stuff done (the hamper is IN my room, on the OTHER side of the locked door), clean up some of my potted plants--wow, it's a sunny fall day, minus the 80mph (I exaggerate, but it's really been very bad) wind we've been having lately--until I hear HIS VOICE--DADDEEEEY!--I just KNOW he's gunna be able to fix it...............and he does, in less than 5 minutes!

Now about that hamper full of laundry...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE dads, especially mine! There are just certain things no matter how old you get that only your dad can do and often times he's the only person you trust to do it.

Trisha said...

So totally true, what Steph says!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...