Tuesday, August 25, 2009

this journey


This journey started right here, the night he asked me to marry him almost 11 months ago.

It still seems so unreal, like the dim memory of a dream. I'm glad I had my phone with me to capture the moment. So giddy, so happy, so US.

We gave ourselves time to enjoy being engaged without the pressures of wedding planning. It really is a special time, to look at each other in a new light, to see each other as future spouses and not just as boyfriend and girlfriend.

September 25, 2010, our wedding day, is just a few months away. I've spent months hopping from one wedding blog to another, soaking in details from photos I've seen, dreaming of what our day might be like. A visual person, I've decided to create this blog to use as a tool in the planning process. Although we are heading into a stressful time, I think it's still important to enjoy each step of the way. I imagine it will be fun to look back at how it all unfolds, to see how the ideas we start out with change along the way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...